Wednesday, September 6, 2006

i only take half the days

Today J-6 had a hard time going off to school.
I woke him to get ready and he said to me,
“You signed me up for half days,
I only have to go half the days of school,
I don’t have to go today.”

I really laughed, now understanding
what he said to his teacher yesterday,
“No, No, I only take half days.”

Last year I was talking to him about taking full day kindergarten
and he said no way, now I get it.

If I had a choice I think I would take half the days too.


Today was busy. I had to do a room parent orientation after school from 3 – 4 pm. The kids have piano lessons from 4 – 5:30, then we have scouting after that to get to. It was such a busy day and then homework on top of that. I am not really getting my Math class at all, and can’t find time to study. I am getting really discouraged. And my 7 year old is crying when I drop him off to school, not wanting to go. Usually he is such a happy student. I am not sure what to do. Also, Mr. B is working late hours suddenly and it just feels overwhelming.

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

You posted this a long time ago even before I knew about the world of blogging. I'm wondering how your concerns about your math class and your child not wanting to go to school worked out (I know that issues of husbands working long hours seems to come and go depending on what's going on at work). I had a child who (still is) very high anxiety and really isn't very happy going to school. It makes me sad for her. She would be happy with 1/2 day kindergarten days. I don't know how you are trying to also pull off a math class. I guess it is over by now. What was the topic? Did you ever get it? Sometimes life can be very overwhelming, but we always make it through.

Vicki Johnson said...

Can we all take Half Days?
Precious.

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile