Friday, February 13, 2009

thanks SUSAN for the Valentine!

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley~

[click on the valentine to take you to Susan's blog, she is amazing. THANKS, for the love while our family is dealing with such a loss.}

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for reading, and for your support at this time. We are doing okay. After a lot of crying and holding one another, we are doing well. We feel for Mrs. Lane's family, her husband, and for the community at our childrens school who are missing her so much. I will get back to writing about Mr. B soon. He is our amazing strength right now. This pain we all are feeling, we are lucky to be feeling it together. Blessed to be a family. And thank you for being an extended part of our family. Your love and support through words is so needed, your grace, your kindness, your being so supportive!

2 comments:

steveroni said...

Yes, Stacie, this is a piece of life with which Fourth-graders usually do not need to deal.

A teacher--in many instances--is much more important, alive, meaningful, in the eyes of a ten-year-old child, than are Grandparents. Often GP are vague members of a family, living apart, old, set-in-their-ways, etc.

I pray that Mrs Lane's students, fellow teachers, parents, and especially YOUR immediate family, may grow stronger in the trusting of God, and in the 'Hope' that, in His Hands, all will one day be OK!

Love,
Steve E.

Erin said...

Isn't it nice to have friends in the blog world to help you feel loved and supported? I am glad things are a little bit better, but I'm sure it won't be "fine" quickly. And that's okay. Let your son grieve. Take care!

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile