Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Are you onry?

Cece's Veterans Day program honoring
those who served in the military.
Cece was a greeter.
She asked the attendees if they were honorees
and gave them a special chair cover as they arrived.

One veteran did not have his hearing aids.

He heard, "Are you onry?"
"No, I'm not onry."

"I'm sorry," Cece said,
"I meant are you an honoree?"

He replied again: "No, I am not onry today, I am just old."

Her dance teacher said,
"Maybe you should just ask if he is a veteran."

Cece: "Are you a veteran?"
Honoree: "Oh, yes, of course, I am a veteran."

1 comment:

InkMom said...

I laughed out loud at this story, and then I read it to my husband, and he laughed out loud, too. Hilarious.

Thanks for sharing!

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile