Thursday, November 13, 2008

by the hair of my chinny chin chin

okay, so for a while i have been thinking, and doing nothing. i make lists, i scribble things down on the calendar, and when it comes to doing i am out of time. i spend more time making lists that will get me organized [and magically happier] than i do cleaning up after my kids. i know, that is a long time.

so, as i was driving my kids today back and forth, forth and back, my finger kept going to this hair on my chin. it is driving me crazy. but, since i can not find the tweezers and i can't get mr. b to pluck it with his teeth, i just have to live with it. i have been playing with it for days.

what happens to us, when we are kids we know exactly what we want to do, who we want to be. we laugh and giggle at the prospects, happiness is all around us. then we grow up, can't figure out who we are, much less who we are going to be. i can't even find the tweezers. life.

i decided that i am having too hilarious of a time trying to figure all of this out. i crack myself up half of the day, when i am not crying, which is the other half. i am sure that i am not alone in my crazyness.

will someone please put me in time-out. and give me a pair of tweezers while i am there.

7 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Ok. Are you ready for my confession? I keep tweezers in my car. All the time. The light is better there. :)

Alison Wonderland said...

I can always find the tweezers (I have them well hidden) but I never remember my chin hair when I'm in the bathroom. And I end up playing with it incessantly.

in time out said...

yes, as i checking my email and reading your comment i am playing INCESSANTLY with my chin hair.
i have been dealing with it for about two weeks, i think when i go for milk today i will buy a new pair and leave them in the car, as mommyj suggested. <:0)

Anonymous said...

I will get you tweezers. I wont pull it out with my teeth. GROSS.

in time out said...

those of you following my chin hair problem....it is almost long enough to pull out with my fingers.
I think I am going to destroy my chin playing with it....

I must look crazy, always playing with that one hair....

or maybe I look smart...like

the thinker..

trying to work it out...hmmmmm

Heatherlyn said...

What children have that keeps them happy is a wonderful LACK of self-awareness! They are aware of butterflies, each other, adults, animals, cars to push, dolls to care for, pictures to color, songs to sing etc. but NOT themselves. And when they do have a moment of self-realization they get over it pretty quickly! What a blessing. Then we grow up and start to doubt if we are good enough, expect that we can make everything work on the first try, or with very little effort. We start to feel alienated from those around us for no good reason, and overly concerned how we fit into life. I think your example of making lists to make things happen is a perfect analogy (and I make my "magic" lists too), because instead of just DOING we spend way too much time in our heads analyzing, figuring out HOW to make it different instead of just doing it. But then, sometimes, it's a lot more fun to plan a magical way of getting something done than spending hours folding, scrubbing, etc (just to see it all undone within the week!)

Vicki Johnson said...

Clever!
I made my stylist and good friend promise me the other day that when I am 70 and don't care anymore that she will make me keep waxing!
She promised to take care of me. ;)

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile