Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

Odd Way of Giving Thanks!

I am extremely restless. Can't really describe why. It's like my mind is rushing with all my regrets: my impatience with my kids, not celebrating each day, gritting my teeth, forgetting to breathe, and to smile.

I wonder if they know just how delighted I am with each of them. How much I love them, and how I wish that instead of being grumpy and expressing my irritated feelings, how I wish I was better at letting them in on the pleasure, happiness and peace they bring into my life. I love them.

Absolutely and so much. May I learn to enjoy each moment, and better show my delight in each of them. My gratitude for G, Cece, S, and J. The warmth that fills my soul at the sound of their names, each name chosen specific and with a love between their daddy and me.

Speaking of Mr. B, oh how can I ever express just how much he means to me. How I love him and my absolute enduring appreciation for him. He is my amazing friend, my life long eternal love.

He is worth working for an eternal promise. He and my four beautiful children; how blessed I feel.

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile