Sunday, November 11, 2007

blobs and blogs


Okay, time to re-enter the world of sharing what little sense I have about life.

I love life. I have had some of the most awful experiences, which means that my most wonderful experiences are even sweeter than most. My tears have been full of salt and sweet. I have loved and laughed, and landed on my feet.

I have written books, burned them, paid way too much for therapy, and gone back to school.

Now I find myself discovering what all the broken pieces laying at my feet mean; and I have found that when I choose how to put the puzzel together I like what I see before me.

I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a grand-daughter, a student, a lover, a future lawyer, and I like me. I have a past, but more important I have a future.

I like dancing in the rain, watching movies, going out with my man, taking pictures, reading, watching football, art and music of all kinds, especially drawing/painting/photography, traveling, Fish Lake, native people, history, family home evening, playing games with my kids. I love writing. I have one publication, which honors my grandparents. I don't like war, but I understand it's necessity. I love politics, and don't like government.
I am my own dichotomy; in so many ways. I am getting to know me.

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile