Friday, August 28, 2009

#4 Postcard: Sunrise Over Fallujah



Dear Uncle Richie,

I thought that when we were going to cross the boarder the Iraqis would pretty much be done but the fighting between the Sunnis and Shiites is still going on so we might see action. We have people in prisoner of war camps, or POW’s. We have been sent in to rescue them, it is frightening but I am ready for anything. I miss the streets of Harlem and the music I heard on the streets. The sounds are different here, much different.

Yours,

Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

Sincerely,
Jesse Noe

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile