Saturday, August 29, 2009

#5 Postcard: Sunrise Over Fallujah


Dear Uncle Richie,

We walked in to a coffee shop today and were surprised to see that it was being used as a medic facility. There were many people inside laying on floors and tables. A few people were in critical condition, it was horrible to see. I saw a man with more blood on his robe than any man should ever lose. He had beads in his hands as he dropped them I picked them up and put them back in his fingers. I don’t know if he could see me, but he looked.

Yours,

Robin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great! I love it when teachers come up with creative projects. Really gets kids thinking. BTW, found you from Chief's blog!

Maude Lynn said...

It really is an excellent project! The first one that I read made me think you had someone over there!

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile