Thursday, August 24, 2006

back to school

Today I was 10 minutes late to my English course. The positive thing in this was that parking was not the problem but that I went to the wrong building, twice. I kept thinking that I had in my memory what building and room that I was suppose to be in, but I was wrong. After wishing that I would wake from my apparent nightmare and then checking to be sure that I had put clothes on (not showing up to school the first day in you underwear nightmare). I looked in my bag at my hand scribbled schedule and ran to the right building, correct classroom, and looked into the face of my teacher for the quarter, who I have had for a previous course, and called attention to me being late, which brought on some discussion as to why I was late and then his introduction of his expectations and that being on time is pretty much required. I knew it wasn’t a really big deal, but I am a compulsive perfectionist and for me it seemed to really blow my personal expectations. On the positive side, I had found a great parking space, and I made it on time for the rest of the days events, i.e. picking kids up from school, soccer, piano, the usual stuff for Thursday. (I just realized that I wrote Tuesday as the day, Tuesday after Wednesday, only part of my brain is functioning right now, so I will leave that alone as well as yesterday’s grammatical blunders.)

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile