Friday, August 25, 2006

on time

Today was a bit better for the running. Kids have a half day of school. They were on time, so was I. We had to be to the school by 8 am for J's kindergarten appointment and we made it. I got to class on time, had lunch with a friend, picked the kids up, avoided housework, tried to figure out my assignments for this class, to no avail, will work on it more this weekend.

The journal thing is all I have figured out so far, so I am doing it diligently. The kids are picking up on it and doing better on their journals as well, positive. I am having a sleepover with my 9 year old daughter in her room tonight. Tomorrows positive thing will depend on the amount of sleep we get on her tiny couch folded onto the floor watching movies and eating way too much junk food.

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile