Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday is a special day...

Didn’t get around to much of the housework today, but the kids smiled and played, and we did get time to work on their new point system for the school year, which they understand and seems to be motivating them to stay on a schedule and on task.

Positive thing: I actually slept better on Cece's floor than I have in a week in my own room listening to S’s cough (from West Nile Virus, he is 7 and has not felt well for over a week) and having up to two kids in bed with us and one on the floor.

Maybe her room is the perfect hideout for me.

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile