Monday, September 22, 2008

Rhetoric and our mornings

I love listening to what the kids say in the mornings. If only I was a better dictionary and could recite the definitions of all the words they are trying to use. I thought it would be fun to list them with the conversations that they have together. Here goes:


J: I an all timer. (mixed up with Alzheimer's)
Me thinking: (I think I like the all timer better.)

S: No, you're nocturnal
Me thinking: (so that is why they never go to sleep.)


J: And your obnoxious!


To which S began to eat his breakfast, calling "uncle" for now!

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile