Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teen Talk

On our way to a family party a couple weeks ago I snapped these photos....little did I know what was really going on....



Listening to each of their phones beep and ding dong

as text after text came in....the following happened...

...my daughter reached over and handed her
brother his water....

WHAT?????

Asking her ...."Did he text you to hand him
his water?"


She replies, "Yep." Totally unfazed....

TEEN TALK???

Brother: Hey Sis

Sister: Hey Bro

Brother: Wats up?

Sister: Not much, U?

Brother: Hand me my water

Sister: ......no prob!


What has our world come to???

9 comments:

Christine said...

Oh man, that's hilarious. These screens, we're all addicted in one form or another aren't we?

Anonymous said...

They text because they CAN, and I cannot! They do it to rub it our faces that they are cooler (if not, more antisocial) than us!

LeShel said...

wow, check out your teenagers

Unknown said...

Well...isn't that the truth! Crazy funny!

Rhonda said...

Oh yes... the mother of all convenience in a teens world.

Rhonda said...

...p.s., I'm just as guilty of texting my daughter to come down to dinner.

Heatherlyn said...

I don't think it is progress in the way of communication, that's for sure. Face-to-face is an important skill too! I've read about people asking for a divorce via text message! (Although it is cute for you as a Mom to record that moment for posterity.)

suzie said...

I have to tell you about a texting episode with another brother and sister...

Anonymous said...

At least you know they are communicating....lol

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile