Friday, March 22, 2013

blast from the past? -- Flashback Friday

sometime a while back i posted this.  made me smile ....

J (now 11) says:  aren't you glad you posted that...can't use white out to make this memory go away now can ya???  hahaha

Flashback Friday:

There ARE trick questions!



there are trick questions
...including the ones your kids ask you after school.



J--almost 9: does soap have wine alcohol in it?
Me: no, it has rubbing alcohol ...sometimes
J: is it the same that you can get drunk from?
Me: no, it is not
J: is it poisonous?
Me: yes, and you should never drink rubbing alcohol
J: so you could die from it?
Me: I suppose.
J: Mom, remember when you use to put soap in our mouths.

Me: ummmmm...Jeremy, you know I wasn't trying to kill you.


J---ALMOST 9: sure Mom

No comments:

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile