Thursday, November 5, 2009

a little bit of everything...and BLeSs mE ♥

Tonight was fun!!!

Why? You ask.

Was it the jokes my youngest told us off the laffy taffy treats?

Could it have been the discovery of the boys having a photo shoot with their Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant lego trading peoples?
[It might have been when they requested
I BLOG their photo shoot....because
"mommy, you don't blog enough lately"]


Was it watching my kids eat a delicious dinner made completely from leftovers?

It definitely had something to do with how pleasant and helpful my teen son was even though he didn't get to go long board because dinner was a bit later than usual!

Was it Mr. B walking through the door a tad bit earlier than most nights?

It most certainly had something to do with the hug that my daughter got from her daddy and the tender voices as they each shared moments of their day with one another. Before I met these two I didn't know that was even something possible.


I know it was talking basketball with previously mentioned teen son and then later tucking him in and finding that even at 15 they still like it when you sing them a lullaby like you did when they fit in your arms swaddled in a blanket....same song, same I love you feeling....
[and hearing him say sweetly,
"I love you mommy"
as I walked out of his room
helped a thousand fold.
Miracle on earth!
I love you forever...I love you for always...]





Could it have been the chitter chatter of two teens, their daddy, and the boys reading together all at once?


It could have been all of these things, and yet....

...there was more to it.

I was at peace. I felt myself smiling, watching them all, enjoying the smells, the sights, the sounds, the sweet laughter, the twinkle of love in the room.

Yes. It was all of these things and more.



Tonight I listened to my youngest tell me the following jokes, and then re-tell them hoping I would have them memorized to tell daddy if he "got home to late".

Take a minute....have you heard them:



Why did the pig go into the kitchen?




It felt like bacon.





What kind of shorts do clouds wear?




thunderwear


Why was the cat afraid of the tree?




He was afraid of the bark



What did the pig put on his cut?



oinkment!!!





It had a lot to do with my discovery of the age old question...

WHY DO WE HAVE TO LEARN
SO MUCH STUFF IN SCHOOL?


WILL WE EVER USE ANY OF IT???


Truthfully the answer to this could use an entire POST,
but for now I will answer simply....YES!!!


I SMILED....
[to clone my cousin LeShel's SUnday SmILEs
...go ahead...LINK, you will be hooked!!!]

as I walked out of the boys room
after answering both of their questions

and feeling like THE
SMARTEST mommy in the
ENTIRE WORLD!!!

Simply,

Can Black Widows Kill you?




ANd, What is a swastika?



The first question... And at this time of night I used my mommy filter to answer "NO. You can get really sick, but you will not die." [okay...i lied, do you blame me]

We currently have a pet Black Widow and we had just fed it another spider that I proudly found crawling around. So...it was fresh on his mind. I was also able to have a quick prayer and opportunity to remind him that he can ask for comfort and peace and that he will rest without us having to execute our PET spider, and without me having to sleep in his little bed with him all night.



The second question came after the first....obviously. I answered that it was a symbol peace, harmony and good fortune inverted by Hitler to represent evil and black magic. You wont have to learn about that for a few more years...."now get to sleep."

"I knew that" he replied, "I just didn't know if you did."

Well, I am glad that I did, and now I have to look up the swastika because I guessed and I wonder if I was right????






Finally, and possibly the MOST important part of my fun night, came when having prayer with my baby. He thanked Heavenly Father for "a good day", I smiled....

"a happy day," I smiled bigger....


...and then he said something I hope to NEVER forget,
and to ALWAYS remember....


He asked simply with all the faith that a little child has
[which by the way is far greater than
anything I understand even to this day]...

...he asked...

"Bless me to work hard tomorrow
and to work fast
so that I can get all my recesses."

Amen.




Yes, It was a wonderful evening....
It was a beautiful day....

Tonight was FUN!





And now I lay me down to sleep,
and pray the Lord...

to

"Bless me
to work hard tomorrow
and
to work fast
so that I get
all my recesses."

---Amen

1 comment:

Wendyburd1 said...

And here I was, all relieved that a black widow couldn't kill me!! LOL!

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile