Thursday, January 22, 2009

being vulnerable...

i just reposted something that makes me really vulnerable. i wanted to say thanks to my readers. i have only been posting on this blog since October 2008. I know, it looks like longer. I created this blog as an addendum to my family blog. i needed a place free and safe to vent, and to share positive light moments. my family blog is great, but I don't get a lot of feedback there, and hey, let's face it. we all need attention, good positive attention. i am really liking the world we live in. one where we can feel so lonely, alone, and as though no one could understand how we feel, and then this.....[and i still love my family blog, i just don't get as much support there, so i do it for the enjoyment of my kids. THEY love when I post about them. ....so proud to hear them say, hey Mom, blog that, blog my story, blog my game, etc....yes, fun!!!].

so thanks, to all of you who read, and follow, and COMMENT - woo hoo,
for letting me know that I am not alone in this big world, and in the feelings
that I have and in my experiences.

No one cou
ld have told me back in October, when I was feeling so lonely, so needy, that I would be where I am now, feeling noticed, not alone, and thankful. for you.


For this venue that allows us to reach out to one another. Hey, i am facing it. i write because I like you. I like hearing from you. And i like reading about your lives as well. thanks for being here for me. even when I am not as good about getting around to comment. I do care that you are here, and i will try to do better. please leave me a comment if you are coming here. i want to repay the favor by reading and I don't want to miss anyone. thanks.

Here is a couple of awards for all of you.
Take one, two, all three, you deserve them!!!!

EVERY ONE OF YOU who COME READ. THANKS!!!!

16 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on your awards! You are very sweet. I hope things are looking up for you right now.

Jillene said...

What a great post!! I love this whole blogging thing too. It makes me feel a part of something other than my life at home.

Boy Mom said...

Thanks for the awards! The best thing about this blogin' thing is finding out that we're not alone.

Continued prayers coming your way everyday!

Shauna said...

SWEET~! Thanks for the awards :) ♥ Hugs!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I tried your color game and got 32! That was hard!

Nonna said...

Wonderful ! I appreciate you too !LOL & Prayers,
Lynn

Tina said...

What a sweet post. I feel the same way about blogging, I love the positive attention and getting to know so many different people! I love how I can count on some to make me laugh, some to make me cry, and some to teach me new things.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Valerie said...

You expressed exactly how I feel about blogging too. I started my blog for my family across the country to read. They told me they enjoyed reading it but I never got any comments from them. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful people that I've "meet" through blogging. lol Thanks for the awards and congrats on the awards. Have a great day!

colleen said...

Thanks so much for the awards. You need support anytime just give me a call.

Andrea said...

I love reading your blog, and I'm glad that we're all helping you out in some little way, too. Thank you for the awards. :)

rachel said...

I really like your blog and I am so glad you are getting so much support! You deserve it :) Now if only I could think up a post idea (the blogger's block is bad this month :(

Wendyburd1 said...

I loved your post, you rock! Well deserved!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the award! I love it love it love it! I posted on my site ;0)

Anonymous said...

thanks ma'am! I'm going over to put them on Got Org now :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards! I started blogging in October too but I'm only 84% addicted. I feel so much better knowing that your addiction is worse than mine!

"The Booga Wooga" said...

Hi In Time Out,

It's been a while but, thank you for stopping by my blog and passing on the awards. I like the "Best Buddies" award with the two kittens so, I asked my Grammy to put that one on my blog. Please stop by my blog today and you will see a post about it!

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile