Monday, January 12, 2009

first I am blogging under the influence....and how I was able to post the captcha game on both my blogs and twice on the other......wierd...I don't even remember doing it.

And now, coming to school, standing in long lines for books and parking passes, and then having to CARRY my books. OUCH. Somebody save me from myself.

If I though my "but" needed to heal before. Serious OUCH! I need my bed.

I thought I was ready for this but NO, I actually want to go back to my bed for a serious day or two.

This HURTS.

NPR had an awesome and worth listening RadioWest today....so YES, this is well worth the pain I am in. It was Bill Bishop talking about his new book "The Big Sort".

I will be picking it up and hopefully getting a review written about it.

Talk was about how we sort ourselves in America.

Like forming Tribes based on self-perpetuation and Political Partisan, yes CAPS are necessary.

The clustering of like-minded Americans is definatly tearing our American diversity apart.

We want to live by our like minded selves. So selfish.

And this very bland human experiment is one we are doing to ourselves.

What are the forseen social consequences?

Are we a polarized America?

With so many choices, yet we choose to be bland; to live dormatory lives. yuk!

Should be a good read! I will let you know!!!

Now, off my butt to the 2nd floor for a two hour class in a hard chair.

Sounds like a pain....well, you know!

Happy day....to all, and to all, a warning...I am back, and I am under the influence.

5 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I think wanting to live with like-minded selves is somewhat of self-defense and preservation. I prefer to be grouped with intelligent, kind people who listen to and consider a different point of view without becoming angry and who don't want to butt into other peoples' lives but who are willing to help if it is asked for. I would LOVE to live with a group of people all EXACTLY like that. :)

Jillene said...

I hope your butt pain gets beetter soon!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like an interesting book--I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. Also, get well soon!

Boy Mom said...

Um, I want some of your influence. I could use a little influence in my life today.

Cynthia said...

I wish I'd heard that today. I love Radio West- even if it's just to listen to Doug's voice!

I used to be a lot more 'open' than I am now. I used to seek out diversity and try very hard to make change. Now I'm just tired. And I've also discovered that it's easier to affect change from within than to influence it from the outside. My sphere of influence is largely over people in the same 'place' as me. That's where I can do the most good so that's where I focus my efforts now.

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile