Thursday, January 15, 2009

rhetoric review

Feelings, what a word.
I love words.
I like writing reviews on words.

So I decided to write on feelings. Because I have so many of them. I was reading in a magazine Wednesday while waiting in the doctors office to have stitches out and to hear the GOOD NEWS of no cancers, YEAH, and WHEW. And I had this flood of FEELINGS come over me.
Feelings of Gratitude--- capitol necessary--- and feelings of HAPPY --- ALL CAPS NECESSARY. Because I am feeling happier than I have in a long time.
Yes, maybe it is a medically induced happiness, but never the less, it is happy.

And I realized how much control I have over my feelings.
I can feel jealous,
I can feel attitude,
I can feel indifferent,
I can feel hope,
and irritation,
and insignificant,
and top of the world,
and amazing,
and ridiculous laughing at myself
and rolling in pleasure,
all these feelings,
at the drop of a second.

And it all has to do with my id; My personal inner desire to feel something.

But what I am most thankful for is that I CAN FEEL. I can have feelings, and whether easy or difficult, I FEEL SOMETHING. That is more important than the actual feeling.

So, today I am so thankful to have feelings. I am thankful to be mellowing out. And I am happy to have so many amazing people to share these FEELINGS with.

Thanks for reading, and for being a part of why I am feeling the way that I am.

13 comments:

colleen said...

Sometimes they're hard, overwhelming, and sad, but the are a part of us, so share them and never be embarrassed. They are one of the beautiful things that make us human.

Jillene said...

I love that we can have different feelings too. When you think about it--seriously--what an AWESOME Heavenly Father we have.

Andrea said...

Great post! Very thought-provoking.

Heatherlyn said...

It is so much easier to be grateful for feelings during our happy, mellow felling moods :) Actually, sometimes the bitter, sad, anxious feelings help us to really appreciate it when things are going good. They humble us a bit and sweeten up all that happiness.

I'm glad that you are feeling so happy. I'm glad you are healthy!

lakergirl77 said...

I LOVE HAPPY YOU!!!

Erin said...

Ahhh, feelings. Today I started crying completely out of the blue. I had to sit down and figure out why I was crying. Isn't it funny when sometimes we have to listen to what our body is telling us because we ignore our mind? At least that is what I was doing today!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

what a neat post! I'm so happy for your good news!

Devri said...

great news lady. feelings are good thing

Wendyburd1 said...

I agree with Erin about the body vs. mind thing. I liked your post a lot!

Cajoh said...

So glad we have feelings— if we didn't how boring our lives would be.

rachel said...

I really like how you write. I love words too. Glad you are doing so well :)

Nonna said...

Yipee...I am so happy for you...great post !

Anonymous said...

very well said

does that make sense? I am not good with mywords tonight

on marriage

'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfill an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Stacie Adamson's Facebook profile